Who are we?
Thesis is a digital agency in Portland, OR. We're hell-bent on humanizing the relationship between people and brands, which starts with our teams: real people making real work.
Come as you are. Bring what you bring.
The name is new to us, but we've been around for 17 years. In contrast to our former identity that reflected what we do, we chose the name Thesis as it better represents how we do it: a full-service agency believing our strength is in our approach—believing the work we make is only as strong as the thought—and data—we put behind it.
That sounds intense. But make no mistake, we also play real hard.
We’re looking for a seasoned Senior Project Management Team Lead to lead high-level projects, inspire cross-functional teams and deliver excellence to our key agency partners.
We are looking for someone who can lead and deliver project work for clients with minimal input. Someone who will immerse themselves and drive client relationships, supporting Account Directors with new and existing business development opportunities. You will oversee more discipline level project managers, driving the quality of the work, ensuring standards and best practices are followed and are always looking to level-up the project management team and Thesis as a whole.
You’ll manage a team of project managers and work among a cross-functional team of strategists, designers, writers, developers and performance analysts, working closely with Studio Managers to ensure resources are appropriately allocated. Your experience will allow you to anticipate potential issues or delays and deal with them proactively to avoid something becoming a larger problem.
You should care intensely about your work without conflating work ego with personal ego. While you’ll be working closely with clients, our agency’s integrated teams collaborate equally and share accountability, in failure and success alike.
Be prepared to let the best ideas rise to the top.
We ask: For you to include a short cover letter with your application telling us why you think you’re the right person for this role.
As a person, you are
- Adept at anticipating and proactively solving challenges and remaining composed, assured, and effective under pressure
- Highly experienced in digital marketing initiatives across brand, email, web, and social
- Skilled in creating healthy, enduring mutual relationships with strategic marketers
- Able to inspire teams and bring enthusiasm to your client’s initiatives, big and small
- Good at receiving and giving critical feedback in a constructive, open, and active way
- Naturally organized, motivated and driven to lead others
- Self-sufficient with little need for oversight
- A compelling and approachable communicator
- A long-term strategic thinker capable of planning for how Thesis can evolve to meet the client's needs
- Highly personable, able to relate to grow and develop internal team members while matching those individuals' skill sets to the needs of the client and in the agency
As a worker, you will
- Lead large and complex projects using the tools and internal teams at your disposal while constantly pushing the boundaries, seeking opportunities to add value for our clients and Thesis
- Serve as a reliable client consultant, in tandem with Account Management, immersed in your client’s company, brand, products/services, industry, and competitive environment
- Develop large-scale scopes of work (SOWs), by estimating resources, hours and deliverables needed
- Monitor financial health and resources
- Stay a step ahead of strategic planning, manage priorities, raise risks, and offer productive solutions to account leadership
- Present compellingly both internally and externally, advocating on behalf of the client while supporting your team members and preserving agency work
- Effectively communicate, both in-person and digitally, to provide clear direction and enable collaboration between Thesis and client partners
- Support Account Management to organically grow client accounts by leveraging and furthering discussions about opportunities with clients
- Manage members of the Project Management team, helping to grow and develop them professionally while matching those individuals' skill sets to the needs of the client and in the agency
As for experience, you need
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Advertising/Marketing, Communications, or a related field
- 7+ years of experience in a digital agency environment with substantive digital project management experience for a wide range of deliverables and project teams
- Experience leading multidisciplinary teams including project managers, digital strategists, creative/development teams, and data analysts
- Strong technical skills with an understanding of email and database marketing, infrastructures & technologies, digital production at scale and best practices for web
- Experience building relationships, confidently interacting with client stakeholders and all levels of leadership
- Proven managerial skills and the ability to develop staff and teams
- Experience working with a range of project management and budgeting software tools, such as AirTable, Basecamp, Harvest, Instagantt
Even better, you have:
- Strong understanding of digital commercial concepts, including the latest online community trends, user experience best practices, and tech language
- Proficiency in digital and creative operations and is fluent in design-speak.
Above all, be hungry to learn and grow beyond this job description.
Still with us?
Cool! Let's talk.