Who are we?
Thesis is a digital agency in Portland, OR. We're hell-bent on humanizing the relationship between people and brands, which starts with our teams: real people making real work.
Come as you are. Bring what you bring.
The name is new to us, but we've been around for 17 years. In contrast to our former identity that reflected what we do, we chose the name Thesis as it better represents how we do it: a full-service agency that believes our strength is in our approach—that the work we make is only as strong as the thought—and data—we put behind it.
That sounds intense. But make no mistake, we also play real hard.
Thesis is seeking to hire a Project Manager to work a dedicated role embedded with clients.
The Project Manager at Thesis builds and drives the client relationship by continuously growing trust, confidence, and momentum with each account. This role requires digital experience and a strong understanding of managing personalized digital marketing programs.
We look for motivated employees who establish themselves as an extension of the client’s marketing team, immersing themselves in their client’s business to bring new insights and strategic ideas to the Thesis project team in order to exceed goals and unearth new opportunities.
As a client-facing Project Manager you will provide administrative and operational support to the team to help ensure that category plans, processes and initiatives align with overarching strategy and objectives of the partners (third-party wholesale) team.
This role will manage workflow from discovery to activation, deadlines, and communication between departments and stakeholders to ensure timely, effective completion of digital projects.
As a person, you are:
- One who is self-sufficient, embraces challenges, and can remain composed, assured, and effective under pressure. This role will be multifaceted, and you are able to demonstrate strategic thinking and creative problem-solving in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Motivated and self-sufficient.
- A strong and approachable communicator.
- Adept at embracing challenges and remaining composed, assured, and effective under pressure.
- Well versed in digital marketing initiatives across email, web, and social.
- Skilled in creating strong relationships with strategic marketers.
- Able to find inspiration in—and bring enthusiasm to—your client’s initiatives, big and small.
- Good at receiving and giving critical feedback in a constructive, open, and active way.
- A strategic thinker capable of creative problem-solving in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
As a worker, you will:
- Serve as a knowledgeable, reliable contact point for any information required by the client, including the expertise of tools and knowledge of various stakeholders to gather necessary assets or information.
- Review and maintain strategic and creative briefs to ensure they meet defined targets and goals.
- Lead day-to-day traffic management for partners projects, ensuring on-time delivery of briefs and assets.
- Manage strategic priorities, raise risks and offer productive solutions.
- Facilitate performance reports and create campaign summaries.
- Identify, plan and implement process guardrails to lead to long-term improvement and increased productivity.
- Communicate ever-changing initiative updates and core information to a large group of people effectively.
- Facilitate meetings, manage agendas, and capture clear notes with action items to share with appropriate stakeholders.
- Serve as a knowledgeable, reliable client consultant, immersed into your client’s company, brand, products/services, industry, and competitive environment.
- Articulate client needs and work collaboratively with internal teams to employ best practices, push boundaries, and drive client goals.
- Create clear, synthesized creative briefs to ensure that internal and client teams have all the necessary information to create specified, successful deliverables.
- Present regularly both internally and externally, ensuring each presentation has a clear message or goal, that you’re advocating on behalf of the client, supporting and understanding your team members, and diplomatically defending agency work.
- Ensure accurate and consistent execution of all projects and communications, keeping a keen eye on the details to ensure the quality of deliverables.
- Manage strategic priorities, raise risks, and offer productive solutions.
- Effectively communicate ever-changing initiative updates and core information to a large group of people.
- Learn about current tools, people, communication and processes in Partners (third-party wholesale) space and find efficiencies and drive improvements.
- Work closely with cross-functional thesis operations team to develop new ways of working across partner landscape.
- Build relationships with new stakeholder and teammates, establishing trust and a foundation to develop initiatives for overall team success.
- Provide ongoing support for integrating the use of airtable as our primary project management tool from team perspective and larger org POV as well.
- Create documentation and presentations articulating current team landscape and functions, alongside recommendations, for use in the onboarding process, and for reporting back on team progress.
- Project manage workstreams for wholesale partners which could be inclusive of digital and physical deliverables.
As for experience, you need:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Advertising/Marketing, Communications or related field.
- 3+ years experience with sports and/or digital marketing experience in a large/enterprise corporate setting.
- Ability to manage multiple projects of various scopes with differing and converging timelines.
- Excellent communication skills, especially via email, that provide clear direction and enable collaboration between internal teams and stakeholders.
- Ability to understand challenges or underlying concerns, proactively share ideas, and develop effective, tactful responses or elevate to higher management.
- Experience building relationships, confidently interacting with all levels of leadership and understanding and valuing cultural differences.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a diverse, perpetually changing environment, while maintaining a calm and positive spirit.
- Capacity to anticipate and effectively manage needs proactively.
- Willingness to manage and collaborate with remote workers and/or third-party creative agencies.
- Proactive, go-getter attitude.
- Strong understanding of digital, commerce and internet concepts, including latest online community trends, user experience best practices and technology jargon.
- Experience leading multidisciplinary teams including digital strategists, creative teams, data analysts, and technical subject matter experts in order to propose and execute solutions to reach clients’ digital marketing goals
- Willingness to occasionally travel (less than 5% of time) and attend client and/or industry events.
But even better, you have:
- A background working in AirTable, Sprinklr or similar tools
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a diverse, perpetually changing environment, while maintaining a calm and positive spirit
- Capacity to proactively anticipate and effectively manage needs
- Proactive, go-getter attitude
Above all, be hungry to learn and grow beyond this job description.
Still with us?
Cool! Let's talk.
Workplace equity is not a single checkbox.
It's a new way of thinking, of working, and of moving through the world. At Thesis, we prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion. You'll see this in our hiring practices, growth plans, and workplace programs—because our agency, our work, and our society are better when diverse perspectives come together.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age