Who are we?
Thesis is a digital agency in Portland, OR. We're hell-bent on humanizing the relationship between people and brands, which starts with our teams: real people making real work.
Come as you are. Bring what you bring.
The name is new to us, but we've been around for 17 years. In contrast to our former identity that reflected what we do, we chose the name Thesis as it better represents how we do it: a full-service agency believing our strength is in our approach—believing the work we make is only as strong as the thought—and data—we put behind it.
That sounds intense. But make no mistake, we also play real hard.
You lead and deliver high-level projects for a variety of client stakeholders, operationalizing new workstreams from chaos to a well-oiled machine. You are comfortable taking on any kind of project with little supervision and move easily between leading conversations with clients, senior Thesis leadership and projects teams alike. You oversee the work of more discipline level project managers, guiding and mentoring their work.
You think through the minutia for each project and hold a hard line when needed. You love process, detail, and accuracy. Your experience allows you to anticipate problems before they materialize and remove barriers ahead of time, allowing project teams to do their best work. You are meticulous about scoping, estimation, workflow and reporting and work closely with leadership on efforts to add value to the business and our clients. You go the extra mile to develop value propositions and use your presentation skills to drive buy-in and create momentum for change.
You should care intensely about your work without conflating work ego with personal ego. While you’ll be working closely with clients, our agency’s integrated teams collaborate equally and share accountability, in failure and success alike.
Be prepared to let the best ideas rise to the top.
As a person, you are
- Naturally organized, motivated and driven to mentor others
- Able to inspire confidence and clear direction in client-facing situations
- One who is self-sufficient, embraces challenges and can remain composed, assured, and effective under pressure
- A natural leader who inspires and motivates without overstepping
- Trusting of your project team and they of you
- Able to demonstrate strategic thinking and creative problem-solving in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- When you don’t know an answer, you don’t stop until you figure it out
- Good at receiving and giving critical feedback in a constructive, open, and active way
- Aware of the bigger picture, able to elevate conversation and plan for the long-term
- A compelling communicator and presenter of ideas
- Able to find inspiration in—and bring enthusiasm to—both production work and conceptual projects
As a worker, you will
- Lead and mentor the work of more junior team members to provide top-notch work
- Support the Account Director in developing large-scale scopes of work (SOWs), by gathering project requirements, defining the approach, assumptions, exclusions, timelines, risk assessment and costs
- Lead project teams and take responsibility for organizational activities like planning meetings and project syncs
- Handle incidents with grace and accuracy
- Sensitively flag risks to teams and stakeholders as needed to prevent conflict
- Communicate clearly orally and in writing to effect change while maintaining a kind approach
- Identify, suggest and implement areas of opportunity within the production process
- Manage, create, and maintain documentation on existing and new processes
- Communicate with vendor/internal partners to ensure alignment on project requirements and deliverables
- Partner with cross-functional teams to drive projects forward, tracking completion and escalating to stakeholders when necessary
- Provide project status updates/recaps to key stakeholders
- Help drive reporting on operational compliance and risk
As for experience, you need
- 7+ years of project management experience, preferably in a digital/commerce environment
- Strong oral and written presentation skills
- Proven analytical skills and problem-solving ability paired with meticulous attention to detail.
- Comfort with using project management software and learning a variety of new tools for reporting and presenting
- Self-motivated and proactive team spirit who takes ownership of and accountability for projects.
- Ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal stakeholders.
- Attention to detail and experience with quality assurance.
Even better, you have:
- An ability to express complex ideas and solutions to non-technical team members and clients
- A strong understanding of digital commercial concepts, including the latest online community trends, user experience best practices, and technical language.
- A strong understanding of digital and creative operations and fluency in design-speak.
Above all, be hungry to learn and grow beyond this job description.
Still with us? Cool! Let's talk.
Workplace equity is not a single checkbox.
It's a new way of thinking, of working, and of moving through the world. At Thesis, we prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion. You'll see this in our hiring practices, growth plans, and workplace programs—because our agency, our work, and our society are better when diverse perspectives come together.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age