Who are we?
eROI is now Thesis, a digital agency in Portland, OR. We're hell-bent on humanizing the relationship between people and brands, which starts with our teams: real people making real work.
Come as you are. Bring what you bring.
The name is new to us, but we've been around for 17 years. In contrast to our former identity that reflected what we do, we chose the name Thesis as it better represents how we do it: a full-service agency that believes our strength is in our approach—that the work we make is only as strong as the thought—and data—we put behind it.
That sounds intense. But make no mistake, we also play real hard.
The Account Supervisor, APLA is a dedicated role embedded with clients. We are looking for a self-sufficient worker who embraces challenges and remains composed, assured and effective under pressure. This role will be multifaceted, and successful candidates are able to demonstrate their operational mindset while balancing strategic thinking and creative problem-solving in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Being able to dive into the weeds of the work and maintain a client-facing prowess is a must.
In this partnership, Thesis works to provide operational excellence to our client focusing on all things brand marketing.
As a person, you are:
- Curious and aware of global perspectives, global economics and cultural sensitivities.
- Deeply thoughtful and inquisitive regarding the inner workings of how something is accomplished.
- An innovative thinker who isn’t afraid to think out of the box and propose new solutions to charge toward progress, not perfection.
- One who is self-sufficient, embracing of challenges, and can remain composed, assured, and effective under pressure.
- A detail-oriented, organized, positive team leader who is responsible for tracking and managing your own and your teams’ projects in all areas of operations.
- Proactive in preventing spin, chaos, or conflict within teams and/or clients.
- Highly personable, able to relate and grow and develop relationships and teams with a knack for matching skill sets to the needs of the client and task at hand.
- Good at receiving and giving critical feedback in a constructive, open, and active way.
- A multitasker that supports the leadership and accountability of the agency's business while troubleshooting, creating new solutions, paving a path for appropriate opportunities.
- An effective manager of success in the partnership pertaining to high level planning, operations, day-to-day projects and being a step ahead for what’s next.
- Confident communicator and presenter who can inspire and mobilize others to follow your lead.
- Keenly aware of operational and cultural nuance and the interplay between the two.
As a worker, you will:
- Be the leading force to enable operational excellence serving our largest partnership.
- Be able to level up or down, laterally and cross-culturally to support emerging markets and evolving relationships around the world, seamlessly.
- Be the staff and client go-to for process improvements, operational solutions/resolutions and political challenges to keep pushing the teams and partnership forward.
- Proactively kick off audits, discoveries, and projects to keep Thesis one-step ahead of client needs.
- Develop complex operational models and own transition management in putting them into action.
- Be able to approach opportunities and obstacles with the understanding that one size does not fit all, catering to operational nuance, mitigating efficiencies, at scale.
- Serve as a knowledgeable, reliable contact point for any information required by the client, including the expertise of tools and knowledge of various stakeholders to gather necessary assets or information.
- Manage strategic priorities, raise risks and offer productive solutions.
- Identify, plan and implement process guardrails to lead to long-term improvement and increased productivity.
- Communicate ever-changing initiative updates and core information to a large group of people effectively.
- Motivate and course-correct work and teams as needed.
- Identify key information to be upleveld to Thesis leadership as needed.
- Be a flexible, strategic leader, able to ruthlessly prioritize projects and initiatives within a dynamic environment, in order to drive projects and key initiatives effectively.
- Provide strategic, analytics and reporting knowledge; ability to gather and synthesize data across channel performance and strategic operations.
As for experience, you need:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Advertising/Marketing, Communications, Operations or a related field.
- 6+ years of experience with digital marketing and/or marketing operations in a large/enterprise corporate setting.
- 3-5 years managing large teams, including middle management tier.
- Compassionate & direct management approach.
- 5+ years of experience developing operational models and/or handling transition management.
- A pulse on industry best practices in the field of marketing operations.
- Familiarity with lean, agile, industrial organizational psychology and/or other forms of working styles and project management.
- Experience working with large corporate organizations with complex organizational structures and competing priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects of various scopes with differing and converging timelines.
- Excellent communication skills, especially via email, that provide clear direction and enable collaboration between internal teams and stakeholders.
- Ability to understand challenges or underlying concerns, proactively share ideas, and develop effective, tactful responses or elevate to higher management.
- Experience building relationships, confidently interacting with all levels of leadership and understanding and valuing cultural differences.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a diverse, perpetually changing environment, while maintaining a calm and positive spirit.
- Capacity to anticipate and effectively manage needs proactively.
- Experience working with project management software tools, such as Asana, Basecamp, Sprinklr, AirTable.
- Strong understanding of digital, commerce and internet concepts, including latest online community trends, user experience best practices and technology jargon.
- Experience creating and presenting keynote presentations self-sufficiently.
Above all, be hungry to learn and grow beyond this job description.
Still with us?
Cool! Let's talk.
Workplace equity is not a single checkbox.
It's a new way of thinking, of working, and of moving through the world. At Thesis, we prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion. You'll see this in our hiring practices, growth plans, and workplace programs—because our agency, our work, and our society are better when diverse perspectives come together.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age