Who are we?
Thesis is a digital agency in Portland, OR. We're hell-bent on humanizing the relationship between people and brands, which starts with our teams: real people making real work.
Come as you are. Bring what you bring.
The name is new to us, but we've been around for 18 years. In contrast to our former identity that reflected what we do, we chose the name Thesis as it better represents how we do it: a full-service agency believing our strength is in our approach—believing the work we make is only as strong as the thought—and data—we put behind it.
That sounds intense. But make no mistake, we also play real hard.
We’re looking for an experienced Associate Director, Project Management to lead a key account PM team ensuring the team is set up for success with the ability to scale for growth. We’re looking for a leader who is strong at building relationships with their team as well as with key internal stakeholders in order to be an agent of change and ensure work flows as efficiently as possible. You’ll directly manage a team of Project Management Team Leads, as well as skip level Project Managers below them. You will work on an assortment of our Client’s digital projects alongside a multidisciplinary team of Account Management, Strategy, Writing, Design, Development and Performance. You will partner with department Directors, team leads and the Director of Project Management to audit and continuously improve our tools and process workflow. While our process is derived from a number of inputs at Thesis, you’ll be the hub to document, inform and roll out said processes to the various teams working on this account.
You should care intensely about your work without conflating work ego with personal ego. While you’ll be working closely with clients, our agency’s integrated teams collaborate equally and share accountability, in failure and success alike.
As a person you are:
- A leader who can inspire and mentor their team
- Resilient, with an ability to provide stable performance under pressure
- Customer-focused, you regularly monitor client satisfaction to exceed goals
- Naturally persuasive, you can sell an idea clearly and effectively
- Confident in conflict management, predicting and assisting to work through natural conflict
- Growth minded, you are always looking to what the future could bring
- Pragmatic, you elevate sensible, realistic, and practical solutions
- A self starter who thrives on being independent in responsibility for and driving team success
- Adept at creating calm out of chaos
- Able to collaborate effectively, without ego getting in the way
As a worker you will:
- Work closely with the Directors Team in providing representation for the Project Management discipline within Thesis, fostering collaboration across departments, promoting respect and breadth of knowledge
- Actively participate and add value within Director level initiatives and conversations regarding workflow, new business, resourcing, process etc..
- Be a project owner and agent of change for new rollouts of platforms and the processes and trainings related to these tools
- Manage (in partnership with Director of Project Management) initiatives focused on sustainable account growth, financial health, forecasting and efficiency opportunities
- Have a topline view of all projects on the horizon, in progress or just executed and delivered within the account
- Manage and mentor team members ensuring adherence to Thesis values and processes, including oversight of on-boarding, training, performance reviews and growth plans.
- Build a team of strong Project Managers who possess varied skillsets, are flexible and considered valued within the agency and have an ability to scale when appropriate
- Take an active role with leadership on driving partnership growth above and beyond current benchmarks. Demonstrate continued pursuit of personal and professional growth and industry education.
As for experience, you need:
- 10+ years of Project Management experience working with brands in a digital agency environment, sport category experience preferred
- Extensive managerial skills with the ability to develop staff and teams for growth
- Demonstrated experience leading process improvement and change management
- Strong technical skills with a deep understanding of digital infrastructures & technologies, digital production at scale and best practices for web
- Experience building relationships, confidently interacting with client stakeholders and all levels of leadership both internally and externally
- Extensive experience with Project Management tools such as AirTable, JIRA, Asana
Above all, be hungry to learn and grow beyond this job description.
Still with us?
Cool! Let's talk.
Workplace equity is not a single checkbox.
It's a new way of thinking, of working, and of moving through the world. At Thesis, we prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion. You'll see this in our hiring practices, growth plans, and workplace programs—because our agency, our work, and our society are better when diverse perspectives come together.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age