Who are we?
Thesis is a digital agency in Portland, OR. We're hell-bent on humanizing the relationship between people and brands, which starts with our teams: real people making real work.
Come as you are. Bring what you bring.
The name is new to us, but we've been around for 18 years. In contrast to our former identity that reflected what we do, we chose the name Thesis as it better represents how we do it: a full-service agency believing our strength is in our approach—believing the work we make is only as strong as the thought—and data—we put behind it.
That sounds intense. But make no mistake, we also play real hard.
This role requires digital experience and a strong understanding of managing personalized digital marketing programs.
We are looking for someone who can lead and deliver project work for clients with minimal oversight, elevating the quality of the work Thesis puts out into the world. This role requires working with cross-functional teams to execute and deliver industry-leading digital projects. Your experience allows you to anticipate problems before they materialize and remove barriers ahead of time, allowing project teams to do their best work.
The role requires proven experience with scoping and estimation, building project plans, work back schedules, risk assessments, budgeting and monitoring hours/costs. You are meticulous about process and reporting and work closely with leadership on efforts to add value to the business and our clients.
This role will manage workflow from discovery to activation, deadlines, and communication between departments and stakeholders to ensure timely, effective completion of digital projects.
You should care intensely about your work without conflating work ego with personal ego. While you’ll be working closely with clients, our agency’s integrated teams collaborate equally and share accountability, in failure and success alike.
Be prepared to let the best ideas rise to the top.
As a person you are
- Naturally organized, with the ability to juggle multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Able to problem-solve independently, ask preemptive questions and resolve issues with foresight, initiative and confidence
- A strong and approachable communicator with the ability to resolve conflict in the moment
- Able to inspire confidence and clear direction in client-facing situations
- Able to remain calm in a high-pressure, fast-moving environment
- Assertive without being abrasive when working with cross-functional teams
- Good at receiving and giving critical feedback in a constructive, open, and active way
- Able to hold a hard line when required with internal teams
- A driver of process and an agent of change in getting others to adopt better working practices
- Able to find inspiration in—and bring enthusiasm to—both data-driven production work a well as more conceptual creative project work
As a worker you will
- Manage the planning, scoping, scheduling, resourcing and workflow for a wide range of digital projects simultaneously
- Wrangle complex client project requests into clear and actionable project plans using project management software to build out workback schedules, tasks, due dates and risk assessments
- Ensure projects stay on track and within the agreed scope, timeline and budget, enforcing a hard line when needed with project teams
- Champion clear communication between internal project teams, ensuring those teams access to necessary files and materials
- Provide relevant stakeholders with regular comprehensive project updates in a non-biased manner
- Schedule and manage agendas for project meetings, take notes and provide summaries for account teams and clients
- Collaborate with a low ego, suggesting efficiencies and process improvement where you see opportunities
- Support the development of large-scale scopes of work (SOWs) in conjunction with Account Managers by estimating resources, hours and deliverables needed
- Stay a step ahead of strategic planning, manage priorities, raise risks, and offer productive solutions to account leadership
- Support Account Management to organically grow client accounts by learning their business and furthering discussions about potential opportunities
As for experience, you need
- 3+ years of digital Project Management experience
- Demonstrated experience in the scoping, planning and delivery of a variety of digital campaigns
- Experience working with common project management software tools, such as JIRA, Asana, Airtable, and other similar tools
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
Even better, you have
- A general comfortability with the unknown, particularly as it relates to new technologies and service offerings
- Creative production experience
- Comfortability juggling a variety of project types at any time
- Been involved in establishing processes and best practices for new service offerings
Above all, be hungry to learn and grow beyond this job description.
Still with us? Cool! Let's talk.
Workplace equity is not a single checkbox.
It's a new way of thinking, of working, and of moving through the world. At Thesis, we prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion. You'll see this in our hiring practices, growth plans, and workplace programs—because our agency, our work, and our society are better when diverse perspectives come together.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age