Who are we?
Thesis, a digital agency in Portland, OR. We’re hell-bent on humanizing the relationship between people and brands, which starts with our teams: real people making real work.
Come as you are. Bring what you bring.
We've been around for 17 years. Thesis at its core is a full-service agency that believes our strength is in our approach—that the work we make is only as strong as the thought—and data—we put behind it.
That sounds intense. But make no mistake, we also play real hard.
The Strategy Lead supports overall strategic direction for specific lines of business to help develop meaningful and actionable creative marketing briefs, produce insights, positioning, and target audience profiles. This role is highly cross-functional and collaborates closely with the creative and partner services teams to improve outcomes for creative approach and client solutions. This role will report to the Strategy Director and guide the work of Senior Strategists.
As a person, you are
You are a thinker who is both analytical and intuitive, a clear communicator with the ability to distill client needs into smart, easily understood solutions. You thrive through creative thinking and agile collaboration. Along with your experience, you bring empathy, transparency, and mutual respect for your team.
As a worker, you will
- Support strategic direction of projects, collaborating on digital campaign development with strategists, analysts, designers, writers, developers, and the partner services team.
- Create strategic approaches to directly support client’s brand, digital, social, and campaign strategies.
- Oversee research, both primary and secondary, to deliver actionable insight; conduct stakeholder and subject matter interviews.
- Leverage data and insights to inspire teammates to shape engaging digital experiences that move customers along the conversion funnel.
- Develop and oversee the creation of client-facing and internal briefing documents that guide creative development.
- Partner with strategy and performance teammates to produce insights, positioning, target audience profiles.
- Build and oversee the creation of strategy decks with a clear, actionable, story from start to finish.
As for experience, you need
- 6-8 years of strategic planning experience in digital marketing, preferably within an agency setting, with responsibilities increasing over time.
- Background in planning and implementation of insights-driven digital campaigns and digital product builds.
- Experience leading UX, campaign and social strategies for large brands.
- Ability to identify key research sources, proactively analyze and communicate key findings.
- Solid experience writing actionable creative briefs and marketing strategies.
- The ability to work collaboratively with your team to provide value throughout the entire project cycle.
But even better, you have
- Comfort in presenting, particularly when facilitating client and internal presentations, brainstorms and workshops.
- Knowledgeable in best practices and key functions of digital marketing channels and concepts: Site (U/X, Information Architecture), email, social media, search, mobile and paid media. Carry an understanding of and experience with how these channels integrate to deliver ideal customer experiences across segmented audiences.
- Ability to stay abreast of the new tools and methodologies within the consumer and brand insights space.
- Have an ability to consider each side of the story and bring a point of view to internal meetings and external/client-facing engagements.
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal, with the ability to work and collaborate across multiple teams and personality types.
- Skilled and experienced in Google Docs suite, including building presentations in Slides, navigating and analyzing data in Sheets and familiarity with creating, sharing and organizing documents.
- Understanding and belief in the value of a diverse workforce.
Above all, be hungry to learn and grow beyond this job description.
Still with us?
Cool! Let's talk.
Workplace equity is not a single checkbox.
It's a new way of thinking, of working, and of moving through the world. At Thesis, we prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion. You'll see this in our hiring practices, growth plans, and workplace programs—because our agency, our work, and our society are better when diverse perspectives come together.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age