Who are we?
Thesis, a digital agency in Portland, OR. We’re hell-bent on humanizing the relationship between people and brands, which starts with our teams: real people making real work.
Come as you are. Bring what you bring.
We've been around for 18 years. Thesis at its core is a full-service agency that believes our strength is in our approach—that the work we make is only as strong as the thought—and data—we put behind it.
That sounds intense. But make no mistake, we also play real hard.
Senior Project Manager for the Integrated Media Team is a dedicated role that will be embedded with our largest client partnership. We are looking for self-sufficient workers who embrace challenges and remain composed, assured and effective under pressure. This role will be multifaceted, and successful candidates are able to demonstrate strategic thinking and creative problem-solving in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
In this partnership, Thesis works across multiple stakeholders and workstreams to provide all things strategy, creative, digital marketing, content creation and production.
IM Ops Managers are specifically aligned to the sub functional arms of IM for whom they act as Planning and Process driving leads to the IM Channel, Campaign, Acquisition & Retention, and Stores & Cities team functional Directors. Priority focus is dedicated to assisting in the planning and delivery of brand marketing in partnership with the Consumer Construct (CC) and Nike Direct Digital Commerce (NDDC) team.
As a person, you are:
- Someone who is driving projects and working with a team with passion, commitment and compassion.
- A detail-oriented, organized, positive team player and leader who is responsible for tracking and managing projects across various teams and stakeholders.
- Proactive in preventing spin, chaos, or conflict within teams and/or clients.
- An effective manager of success in the partnership pertaining to planning, operations, resourcing, day-to-day projects and being a step ahead for what’s next.
- Highly experienced in digital and creative initiatives across brand, email, web, and social.
- Someone who enjoys problem solving and looking for areas of improvement and opportunities for partnership growth, as well as new business development.
As a worker, you will:
- Successfully juggle client needs and your project teams to drive agency success metrics.
- Be the team and client go-to for conflict resolution, process improvements, and political challenges to keep pushing the work and partnership forward; with partnership of the Account Director.
- Proactively kick off projects to keep Thesis one-step ahead of client needs.
- Serve as a knowledgeable, reliable contact point for any information required by the client, including the expertise of tools and knowledge of various stakeholders to gather necessary assets or information.
- Manage strategic priorities, raise risks and offer productive solutions.
- Identify, plan and implement process guardrails to lead to long-term improvement and increased productivity.
- Partner with the Account Director and/or Account Supervisor to support communication of ever-changing initiative updates and core information to a large group of people effectively.
- Motivate and course-correct work and teams as needed.
- Identify key information to be upleveld to Thesis leadership as needed.
- Core Accountabilities: Strategic Partner, Process Architect, Budget Hawk, Resource Manager, Team Player, Effective Communicator
- Drive alignment between the overall process and key stakeholders.
- Lead operational process from strategic and planning stage for seasonal and retail design projects through delivery of creative brief.
- Strategic partner to IM sub functional Directors (Channel, Campaign, Acquisition & Retention, Stores & Cities), acting as a resource, facilitating solutions and providing operational support aligned to key Accounts.
- Drive end to end seasonal & seasonless processes by managing timelines and tracking deliverables.
- Partner with BMO team to ensure alignment to CODE process / Interaction Model
- Create connection points for alignment across the IM sub functions to enable delivery of seasonal stories and marketing priorities.
- Lead Ops on key programs and must win seasonal projects (1-2 per season) by driving a tiger team approach and process to ensure successful delivery of those prjects/programs
- Partner with IM Ops Coordinator to ensure budget accuracy x sub function and delivery into key budget forecasting and actualizing milestones
- Drive financial compliance through timely PO creations as needed and the use of the Budget Tracker tool.
- Manage partnerships through regularly cadenced communication and set connection points.
- Facilitate project and/or process meetings and follow-through on action items.
- Be a strategic resource for teams to drive efficiencies.
As for experience, you need:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations, Marketing, Design or related discipline
- 2 additional years directly related experience in lieu of a Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a combination of operations, project management, and marketing
- Expert level ability in Air Table and strong understanding of excel and pivot tables
- Experience working cross-functionally on complex, high visibility projects with large budgets and brand and/or commercial impact
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, especially via email, that provide clear direction and enable collaboration between internal teams and stakeholders.
- Ability to understand challenges or underlying concerns, proactively share ideas, and develop effective, tactful responses or elevate to higher management.
- Experience building relationships, confidently interacting with all levels of leadership and understanding and valuing cultural differences.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a diverse, perpetually changing environment, while maintaining a calm and positive spirit.
- Capacity to anticipate and effectively manage needs proactively.
Above all, be hungry to learn and grow beyond this job description.
Still with us?
Cool! Let's talk.
Workplace equity is not a single checkbox.
It's a new way of thinking, of working, and of moving through the world. At Thesis, we prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion. You'll see this in our hiring practices, growth plans, and workplace programs—because our agency, our work, and our society are better when diverse perspectives come together.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age