Who are we?
Thesis, a digital agency in Portland, OR. We're hell-bent on humanizing the relationship between people and brands, which starts with our teams: real people making real work.
Come as you are. Bring what you bring. We’ll all be better for it.
The name is new-ish to us, but we've been around for 20 years. In contrast to our former identity that reflected what we do, we chose the name Thesis as it better represents how we do it: a full-service agency that believes our strength is in our approach—that the work we make is only as strong as the thought—and data—we put behind it.
That sounds intense. But we also understand and respect boundaries you may have.
**NOTE we are always very excited to see candidates from all over the U.S. At this time however we are prioritizing local talent to the state of Oregon.**
Thesis is seeking a Media Analyst to help with strategic planning, deployment, maintenance, and ongoing reporting for paid social, search, and digital media efforts.
This role will partner closely with partner teams to optimize clients’ campaign performance, proactively develop channel strategies, paid marketing plans, target audiences and co-own campaign deployment and management. This position will include a mixture of hands-on tactical work, strategic thinking, application and presentation.
As a person, you are
- Detailed: You double check your work and run QAs to ensure your work is of the highest quality.
- Curious: You have an insatiable drive to uncover performance insights and constantly seek solutions.
- Collaborative: You are willing to roll up your sleeves alongside a team of analysts and engineers to develop data-driven processes that improve customer decision making.
- Dynamic: You thrive in a multi-dimensional environment, and are able to handle multiple initiatives and rapidly changing priorities.
As a worker, you will
- Manage paid media campaigns on platforms including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google Ads, and programmatic DSPs.
- Perform daily spend pacing and proactively communicate campaign status to account leadership and clients.
- Manage real-time and monthly billing and reconciliation with finance.
- Partner with paid media team and account leadership to understand client objectives, strategies, and goals.
- Participate in client campaign kick-off briefings to determine media plan, identify creative assets, ad tracking requirements, and required campaign deliverables.
- Independently conduct research to develop channel strategies, paid marketing plans, and consumer personas.
- Track ad copy and keyword performance to gauge client ROI and quality including A/B ad copy and landing page testing.
- Actively collaborate with performance analysts, strategists, and creative leads to analyze paid media campaign performance and extrapolate insights to inform future campaign planning and optimization strategies.
- Design and produce scheduled reports for clients.
- Communicate complex strategies, concepts, and analytics in a way that can be easily understood.
- Present recommendations, media plans, reporting and recaps to client stakeholders.
As for experience, you need
- 3+ years of hands-on paid search/social execution experience.
- Agency experience is a plus.
- An insatiable drive and determination to find solutions to problems.
- Technical knowledge of traditional, social, and search media buying platforms.
- Experience with reporting, tracking, and developing campaign insights.
- Client and/or stakeholder-facing presentation skills.
- Detailed budget management.
- Creative and strategic problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional initiative, attention to detail and follow through skills.
- Positive demeanor and good sense of humor a plus.
But even better, you have
- Familiar with data visualization tools such as Google Data Studio, Tableau, Looker, or anything else along those lines.
- Experience with running ads on Pandora, Spotify, and Hulu.
- Digital agency experience.
- Understanding and belief in the value of a diverse workforce.
- Ability to work in our Portland office.
Critically, be hungry to learn and grow beyond this job description.
Workplace equity is not a single checkbox.
It’s a new way of thinking, of working, and of moving through the world. At Thesis, we prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion. You’ll see this in our hiring practices, growth plans, and workplace programs—because our agency, our work, and our society are better when diverse perspectives come together.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age