Who are we?
Thesis, a digital agency in Portland, OR. We’re hell-bent on humanizing the relationship between people and brands, which starts with our teams: real people making real work.
Come as you are. Bring what you bring.
We've been around for 20 years. Thesis at its core is a full-service agency that believes our strength is in our approach—that the work we make is only as strong as the thought—and data—we put behind it.
We need an experienced senior account manager to build and drive long-lasting, meaningful, and fruitful relationships with key agency partners. We look for senior account managers who will establish themselves as an extension of the client’s marketing team, immersing themselves in their client’s business and proactively elevating new insights and strategic ideas to the Thesis team in order to exceed goals and unearth new opportunities. You’ll brief in a multifaceted team of strategists, writers, designers, developers, and performance analysts, shepherding initiatives through the agency and ensuring the integrity of the work as it is delivered to the client. You should care intensely about your work without conflating work ego with personal ego. While you’ll be working closely with clients, our agency’s integrated teams collaborate equally and share accountability, in failure and success alike. Be prepared to let the best ideas rise to the top.
As a person you are:
- Motivated and self-sufficient
- Adept at anticipating and proactively solving challenges and remaining composed, assured, and effective under pressure
- A compelling and approachable communicator
- Well versed in digital marketing initiatives across email, web, and social
- Skilled in creating healthy, enduring mutual relationships with strategic marketers
- Able to find inspiration in—and bring enthusiasm to—your client’s initiatives, big and small
- Good at receiving and giving critical feedback in a constructive, open, and active way
- A long-term strategic thinker capable of planning for how Thesis can evolve to meet the client's needs
- Aware of and planning for the bigger picture while in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
As a worker you will:
- Serve as a reliable client consultant, immersed in your client’s company, brand, products/services, industry, and competitive environment
- Articulate client needs and work collaboratively with internal teams to employ best practices, push boundaries, and drive client goals
- Develop large-scale proposals, scopes of work (SOWs), and briefs to align internal and client teams
- Present compellingly both internally and externally, advocating on behalf of the client while supporting your team members and defending agency work
- Continuously grow trust, confidence, and momentum with each partner and account
- Work closely with Account Managers and Project Managers to monitor financial health and resources
- Stay a step ahead of strategic planning, manage priorities, raise risks, and offer productive solutions
- Effectively communicate, both in-person and digitally, to provide clear direction and enable collaboration between Thesis and client partners
- Organically grow client accounts by leveraging relationships and furthering discussions about opportunities with clients
As for experience, you need:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Advertising/Marketing, Communications, or a related field
- 5+ years of account management experience with, and passion for, working with brands in a digital agency environment
- Experience leading multidisciplinary teams including digital strategists, creative teams, and data analysts
- Accomplished business driver with strong record of client engagement, retention, and growth
- Experience building relationships, confidently interacting with all levels of leadership and understanding and valuing cultural differences
- Willingness to occasionally travel (less than 5% of time) and attend industry events
Even better, you have:
- B2B and B2C experience
- Proficiency with digital work and deliverables
- Working knowledge of Google Suite
- A background working in AirTable and/or Asana
Above all, be hungry to learn and grow beyond this job description.
Still with us?
Cool! Let's talk.
Workplace equity is not a single checkbox.
It's a new way of thinking, of working, and of moving through the world. At Thesis, we prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion. You'll see this in our hiring practices, growth plans, and workplace programs—because our agency, our work, and our society are better when diverse perspectives come together.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age