Who are we?
Thesis, a digital agency in Portland, OR. We’re hell-bent on humanizing the relationship between people and brands, which starts with our teams: real people making real work. Come as you are. Bring what you bring. We’ve been around for 20 years. In contrast to our former identity that reflected what we do, we chose the name Thesis as it better represents how we do it: a full-service agency believing our strength is in our approach—believing how the work we make is only as strong as the thought—and data—we put behind it. That sounds intense. But make no mistake, we also play real hard.
The Junior Developer - Web is an entry level technical position who works directly with the Director of Technology and the Technology team. The Junior Developer - Web supports the Technology team with designing, developing and maintaining various technical projects for our clients needs including websites, web applications, HTML email, and custom software solutions
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
● Investigate, analyze and make recommendations to the team regarding technology improvements, upgrades and modifications
● Participate in team activities such as status meetings and code reviews
● Help estimate and plan work during planning meetings
● Self-directed learning and study
● Create and/or assist in the development of layout of email templates and web experiences by using standard HTML/CSS practices
● Write well designed, testable and efficient code by using best development practices
● Pair with senior developers to learn advanced skills
● Collaborate with partners across disciplines when creating deliverables.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
● 1-2 years of professional work experience or other relevant life experience
● Any knowledge of computer programming is a plus
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
● Basic knowledge of web technologies and standards is a plus
● Proficiency in graphic design tools is a plus
● Demonstrated problem identification and creative problem solving skills
● Attention to detail and good organizational skills
● Ability to work on multiple tasks and switch between them quickly
● Excellent time management skills and experience delivering projects in a deadline-driven environment
Workplace equity is not a single checkbox.
It’s a new way of thinking, of working, and of moving through the world. At Thesis, we prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion. You’ll see this in our hiring practices, growth plans, and workplace programs—because our agency, our work, and our society are better when diverse perspectives come together.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age
Your application was submitted successfully.