Who are we?
Thesis, a digital agency in Portland, OR. We’re hell-bent on humanizing the relationship between people and brands, which starts with our teams: real people making real work. Come as you are. Bring what you bring. We’ve been around for 20 years. In contrast to our former identity that reflected what we do, we chose the name Thesis as it better represents how we do it: a full-service agency believing our strength is in our approach—believing how the work we make is only as strong as the thought—and data—we put behind it. That sounds intense. But make no mistake, we also play real hard.
Are you a detail-oriented design powerhouse? Do you have a proven track record and consider design challenges a sport? We’re looking for a passionate mid-level Designer to help us create excellent and consistent creative work. You have your eye on the details and “consistency” is your middle name. You live and breathe guidelines. Best practices are your breakfast. You roll up your sleeves and execute design production, making sure every file we create and deliver maintains pixel-perfect accuracy. You’ll be part of the design studio within our product team, supporting key clients while working closely with design leads, design managers, copy editors, and other team members. You’ll be responsible for designing comps and providing specs for final production files. You’ll also work with client services to handle layout tweaks, image swaps, corrections, and copy changes as needed prior to delivery. You will need to bring a keen eye for detail as well as a mix of both technical skills and creative acumen. Our work is multidisciplinary. You will be working side by side with designers, writers, copy editors, developers, client services, our clients, and other partners to drive digital campaigns through the final—and absolutely critical—phase of execution. You thrive on accuracy and nailing deadlines. You seek out collaboration with teammates to constantly pursue an environment that far surpasses the status quo.
You and your job:
You seek and value feedback, knowing it will make your work that much stronger. You understand clients’ and users’ needs—respecting the boundaries of brands—while pushing them into new territories. You prioritize the iterative process, always producing multiple options for a single project or ask. You build beautiful and effective presentations.
● Detail master: No pixel, no comma, no inconsistency escapes your gaze. Create pixel-perfect output for our clients. Establish and maintain best production practices. Seek out and destroy the loose ends: one element that’s a tad out of alignment, kerning that is just slightly off, a misplaced comma, and a stray extra space.
● Driven self-starter: You take full ownership of your work and the work of your team. You establish best practices and new workflows whenever necessary.
● Flexible and responsive: You receive and give feedback well, and you approach changes with a positive attitude.
● Problem solver: You understand the clients’ and users’ needs before any pixel gets placed. You believe everything can be improved and you see new challenges as new opportunities.
● Roll up your sleeves: You’re willing to help out wherever needed. No task is too small. Translate design comps into final production files. Handle layout tweaks and copy changes as needed prior to delivery. Drive and maintain design consistency across deliverables.
● Team player: You don’t win on your own and you look out for those around you. Be a core part of our creative team, helping to deliver excellent work across a variety of media.
● Able to work in our Portland office.
Your skills and qualifications:
● Bachelor’s degree in design or fine arts (or comparable experience).
● Three-plus years of experience in a design studio or agency (or comparable experience).
● Ability to work on multiple jobs simultaneously while feeling comfortable with changing workflows and priorities.
● Ability to maintain and adhere to brand guidelines, including calling out when and where they don’t make sense.
● A portfolio and experience that demonstrate your ability to deliver accuracy and consistency.
● Retouching experience is a plus.
● Exceptional organizational, listening, and communication skills.
● Working knowledge of production processes, technologies, and design.
● Expert knowledge of industry-standard software (Figma, Adobe CC, Sketch, etc.).
● Working knowledge of Asana or other project management software.
● Basic knowledge of the Google Suite (Drive, Docs, etc.).
Workplace equity is not a single checkbox. It’s a new way of thinking, of working, and of moving through the world. At Thesis, we prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion. You’ll see this in our hiring practices, growth plans, and workplace programs—because our agency, our work, and our society are better when diverse perspectives come together.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age
Your application was submitted successfully.