Who are we?
Thesis, a digital agency in Portland, OR. We’re hell-bent on humanizing the relationship between people and brands, which starts with our teams: real people making real work. Come as you are. Bring what you bring. We’ve been around for 20 years. In contrast to our former identity that reflected what we do, we chose the name Thesis as it better represents how we do it: a full-service agency believing our strength is in our approach—believing how the work we make is only as strong as the thought—and data—we put behind it. That sounds intense. But make no mistake, we also play real hard.
We need an outstanding account manager to build and drive long-lasting, meaningful, and fruitful relationships with key agency partners.
We look for account managers who will establish themselves as an extension of the client’s marketing team, immersing themselves in their client’s business to bring new insights and strategic ideas to the Thesis team in order to exceed goals and unearth new opportunities. You’ll brief in a multifaceted team of strategists, writers, designers, developers, and performance analysts, shepherding initiatives through the agency and keeping a keen eye on the integrity of the work as it is delivered to the client.
You should care intensely about your work without conflating work ego with personal ego. While you’ll be working closely with clients, our agency’s integrated teams collaborate equally and share accountability, in failure and success alike.
Be prepared to let the best ideas rise to the top.
As a person you are:
- Motivated and self-sufficient
- A strong and approachable communicator
- Adept at embracing challenges and remaining composed, assured, and effective under pressure
- Well versed in digital marketing initiatives across email, web, and social
- Skilled in creating strong relationships with strategic marketers
- Able to find inspiration in—and bring enthusiasm to—your client’s initiatives, big and small
- Good at receiving and giving critical feedback in a constructive, open, and active way
- Adept at finding or creating simple, effective solutions
- A strategic thinker capable of creative problem-solving in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
As a worker you will:
- Serve as a reliable client consultant, immersed in your client’s company, brand, products/services, industry, and competitive environment
- Articulate client needs and work collaboratively with internal teams to employ best practices, push boundaries, and drive client goals
- Develop proposals, scopes of work (SOWs), and briefs to align internal and client teams
- Present compellingly both internally and externally, advocating on behalf of the client while supporting your team members and defending agency work
- Grow trust, confidence, and momentum with each partner and account
- Work closely with Project Managers to monitor financial health and resources
- Manage strategic priorities, raise risks, and offer productive solutions
- Effectively communicate, both in-person and digitally, to provide clear direction and enable collaboration between Thesis and client partners
As for experience, you need:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Advertising/Marketing, Communications, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in managing digital marketing programs
- Experience leading multidisciplinary teams including digital strategists, creative teams, and data analysts
- Demonstrated skills driving business, paired with planning and organizational skills
- Experience building relationships, confidently interacting with all levels of leadership, and understanding and valuing cultural differences
- Willingness to occasionally travel (less than 5% of the time) and attend industry events
Even better, you have:
- Proficiency with digital work and deliverables
- Experience working with technical solutionists
- Experience working with email programs and CRM programs
- Experience managing creative workflows with creative teams and clients
- A background working in Google Suite, AirTable, and Asana
Above all, be hungry to learn and grow beyond this job description.
Still with us?
Cool! Let's talk.
Workplace equity is not a single checkbox.
It's a new way of thinking, of working, and of moving through the world. At Thesis, we prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion. You'll see this in our hiring practices, growth plans, and workplace programs—because our agency, our work, and our society are better when diverse perspectives come together.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age