Who are we?
Thesis, a digital agency in Portland, OR. We’re hell-bent on humanizing the relationship between people and brands, which starts with our teams: real people making real work. Come as you are. Bring what you bring.
We've been around for 20 years. Thesis at its core is a full-service agency that believes our strength is in our approach—that the work we make is only as strong as the thought—and data—we put behind it. That sounds intense. But make no mistake, we also play real hard.
Thesis is seeking a Principal CRM Strategist to help with strategic planning, deployment, maintenance, and ongoing reporting for enterprise CRM efforts. This role will partner closely with external and internal teams to develop and influence programming, optimize performance, proactively develop channel strategies, testing plans, and target audience segmentation, while also identifying opportunities to streamline efficiencies. This position will include a mixture of strategic thinking, data analysis, planning, program management, and collaboration with multiple teams.
As a person, you are
- Detailed: You double check your work and run QAs to ensure your work is of the highest quality.
- Curious: You have an insatiable drive to uncover performance insights and constantly seek solutions.
- Collaborative: You are willing to roll up your sleeves alongside a team of strategists, analysts, creatives, and engineers to develop data-driven journeys that improve customer experiences.
- Dynamic: You thrive in a multi-dimensional environment, and are able to handle multiple initiatives and rapidly changing priorities while influencing outcomes.
As a worker, you will
- Deliver ongoing actionable insights and action plans to increase response rate, score and relevancy.
- Partner with strategy, eCommerce, and acquisition teams to run analyses and support key projects.
- Develop & run new analyses, helping to improve existing reports.
- Work alongside strategists to develop audience segments and attribution models that support stakeholders’ growth initiatives.
- Identify conversion roadblocks and opportunities for improvement across digital touchpoints to support customers’ journey pathways.
- Work alongside a diverse roster of clients from numerous industries.
- Design and produce scheduled reports for clients.
- Identify, select and manage owned-channel data for behavioral, time-based, and lifecycle campaigns.
- Present recommendations, status reports, and recaps to stakeholders.
As for experience, you need
- 2-3 years of hands-on data analysis experience, ideally with a CRM application (Salesforce certification preferred).
- Experience working in a corporate environment.
- Up to date knowledge of CRM best practices.
- Experience with reporting, tracking, and developing audience and performance insights.
- Extensive client-facing presentation experience.
- Creative and strategic problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional initiative, attention to detail and follow through.
- Understanding and belief in the value of a diverse workforce.
But even better, you have
- Familiar with tools such as Tableau, Adobe Analytics, SEMRush, Miro, and Figma.
- Experience working with customer data platforms (CDPs).
- Experience w/ SQL, R, Python, or statistical analysis.
- Digital agency experience.
- Ability to work in our Portland office.
- Positive demeanor and good sense of humor
Critically, be hungry to learn and grow beyond this job description.
Still with us?
Cool! Let's talk.
Workplace equity is not a single checkbox.
It’s a new way of thinking, of working, and of moving through the world. At Thesis, we prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion. You’ll see this in our hiring practices, growth plans, and workplace programs—because our agency, our work, and our society are better when diverse perspectives come together.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age